Fermented Cassava Cake


While being very famous in Indonesia, I could hardly find any cassava products in other countries. For those who never heard about cassavas before: they're woody shrubs that are usually grown in tropical areas. The roots are the part that are usually consumed. Since it's high in carbohydrates, some countries have it as one of the citizen's staple foods. Today, since less people consuming it on its own, they're mostly found in traditional pastries.

This cake, made from the fermented ones, is an all-time favourite. There will be no adress attached in this post as you can't find it here. A friend of mine brought it for me from Jakarta. I must admit that was my first time in trying them too.. Wait, maybe I had them some where, some times ago, but I doubt that was this good. My first slice was not enough, I had three slices of that wonderful cake at one go. The super moist cake rise perfectly and crumbles at your bites. The crusts are nicely browned (the best part I think) and crisp a little at the day it was baked. They're good after weeks too, as I kept them in the fridge. Perfect companion for my coffee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment