TWG

Here's what my friend had said last Saturday: "Lets go for a girls tea timee!", which I definitely agreed on. She's so into TWG, in fact she's been coming back for 4 days in a row before that day. Seeing the long queue, I supposed that it must be that popular among ION's shoppers. As I read the tea menu, I understood why. The extensive list of tea has thoughtfully written; some of them with names resembled those fancy mocktails.


Tea time would never be completed without some snacks. Sweet or savory, both will do. We had 2 tea-time set named "Chic", each will get you to choose 3 out of 6 sandwiches, 2 muffins/ 2 scones/ a pastry and a selection of tea. Since we ordered 2 sets, we decided to go for 6 different sandwiches plus 2 muffins and 2 scones. The tea, worth mentioned, came in a cute and rather huge golden pot. There are sencha, rose and creme brulee tea in our table, all of them are delectably aromatic as well as refreshing.


The first tier came shortly after we got our teas, or at least I thought there will be another one except that there wasn't. Honestly speaking, I was quite surprised by that. The sandwiches are smaller than I thought they would be and there are hardly anything special about the muffins and scones. I was expecting for some banana or blueberry muffins, or at least something fancier than plain-boring chocolate chip muffins. The boldest highlight would be on the tea-infused jelly accompanied the scones, which are half gone even before we finished the scones. 


As for the sandwiches, I really think that they could have done better. Sure, foie gras and salmon might be a bit pricey but pairing them with some plain condiments didn't make them appear sophisticated at all. I do understand that they might be more specialized in teas, but 50 bucks on those items was a robber for our pocket. The teas and services, however are wonderful. Maybe I'll come back for some of them but this time, no more tea sets.

TWG
ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn #02-21,
Singapore 238801
Tel: 6735 1837

1 comments:

Zara said...

you've done a lot of restaurant-hopping the past weeks!! haha, but oh my, i love those dessert dishes you've posted! :) i dont really know any of these places but the food looks so good im starting to feel hungry (and im only browsing coz i'm unable to sleep!)

anyway see u tomorrow :)

Zara
love ur blog!

Post a Comment