Double Bay's Desserts

I've finally found another place that has sticky date pudding and banoffee pie. The two of them are the desserts we always ordered at Marmalade Pantry. I shoud've known that I could find them in any other Australian restaurant. Anyway, my first visit to Double bay was at the correct time: afternoon tea!


Though the appearance was a little far from what I've expected (lighter toffee sauce, spongier cake and sorbet like vanilla ice cream), the sticky date pudding was actually tasted good. I would still preferred Marmalade Pantry's version but this one is a lot less heavier, perfect for a dessert for one. The innards of the cake was a little bit dry, which explains the runnier and milkier toffee sauce.


The banoffee pie, too, presented differently. They were using flaky pastry shells instead of the crumbled tart base, which again, made the dessert lighter to be eaten individually. The warm chopped bananas was sweetly paired with toffee sauce and some fresh cream on top.

These desserts were served warm and they're best to be eaten before they turned cold. Combining them with the ice cream was really delectable and I love that they gave some berries for all the desserts. Yum!

Double Bay
252 North Bridge Road
#01-22A Raffles City Shopping Centre
Tel: +65 6334 6530

0 comments:

Post a Comment