Seoul Yummy

I finally found a good Korean restaurant worth mentioned in this blog. From which I can remember, I was never into Korean foods. The very first introduction to it was ages ago and it's none other than kimchi. Maybe I wasn't in the right restaurant after all that my first impression to it was horrible. So there went the stereotype; the little me thought that all Korean foods are typically sour. Some time later, Korean dramas seemed to have saved me; the continuous exposions of those foods on most episodes had raised my curiousity. I saw more than pickled cabbage and sooner than I realised, I've been endavour in much of those goods..


Clockwise from top: kimchi, cold tofu, anchovies

Friday afternoon used to be a liberated day for me. Those minutes near the end of my last class for the week, my head was full of good places I might be coming for lunch. Not mentioning I was hungry as well. Choosing a place with less crowds seemed to be a wise decision, so I took my friend to the Central, intended to try something new.


From top to bottom: broiled peanuts, fruit salad and cucumber kimchi

After a little walk, I spotted Seoul Yummy and was greeted by some yummy pictures. My stomach immediately decided to end the search here. Soon as we settled with the orders, we were served the typical side dishes, consisted of about 6 different sides in mini portions. I personally love the peanuts; they're somehow sweeter from the usual broiled nuts.


For mains, we had two bulgogies: beef and chicken. The two items are surprisingly among the best that I've ever had. Served in a hot skillet, the meats sizzle when they first arrived.


Though they might have similar names, the two meats are cooked with different sauces. The beef has darker sauce which taste more like teriyaki sauce, while the chicken has a spicier red sauce. Both are utterly divine and that's why you can't have a single type on your table.


In addition, we ordered rice cake to be shared. Soft and chewy without being hard, they're great with the sweet and sour sauce.


After all, this Seoul is really yummy. The place is pretty nice to welcome the weekends after the hectic week. Price wise are definitely worthed. From the name card, I found that they have another branch in Novena Square, just steps away from my home. How wonderful is that?

Seoul Yummy
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#03-92/95 The Central @ Clarke Quay
Tel: +65 6227 8802

0 comments:

Post a Comment