The Fullerton: Mooncake


The mooncake craze in Singapore has somehow affected me in a way that makes me addicted to it. An old fashion bakeries may have been so experienced in making these pastries for years but some of them are still too sweet for my taste bud. The cakes were traditionally paired with some bitter chinese tea; a rare case in these modern days. Meanwhile, people are becoming more health-concious nowadays. Some of them stands at the extremes, but I do agree that mooncakes aren't good for health if eaten too much. Modern bakeries seemed to understood these situations and created low sugar versions of the mooncakes. I tried this baked lotus with single yolk from the Fullerton and I'm hooked. It's not overly sweet while still able to hold that rich lotus flavours. Eating a slice or two of this wont give any harm to your body!

0 comments:

Post a Comment