Akashi

I'm a big fan of Japanese foods. Somehow they just attracted me in any way: the taste, the variations and most importantly, the presentations. Akashi, being one of my Japanese restaurant satisfy all of the above categories. Greeted by the friendly waitresses in kimonos, we walked to our accustomed seats and start ordering..

Today, I opted for a change. Instead of getting the usual set meal, I gave the soft-shell crab maki a chance to prove themselves. And they don't disappoint me, at all. I really like the way the coated the rice: with seasoned seaweed. It gives that extra taste to the crispy soft shell-crab. Dipped in the soy sauce with a little wasabi, they're easily became a stealer. I finished them all, with no trace.

We shared a plate of pan-fried gyoza as an additional side. It was in petite portion and the pork filling taste rather usual, though the thin skin may have given them a little credit.

A had the beef yakiniku set. It came with a bowl of rice, miso soup, side salad and a dessert (fruit). It's very tasty without being too salty and I quite like it, despite the fact that I don't fancy any meals with beef that much.
.
I was too full for any dessert but I took a glimpse at their dessert menu earlier, and all that they have are fruits and ice creams. The flavour? Apart from the usual, they have black sesame, sweet potato and pumpkin! I wonder what they're taste like..
.
Akashi
290 Orchard Road
#B1-01 The Paragon
Singapore 235859
Tel: 6735 8887

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great food reviews and great pictures (i wonder what camera are you using pat pat?, if it a pocket camera, two thumbs up for the quality)! keep up the good work!

Chronic Foodaholic said...

it is a pocket camera! hehehe thanks dee =) keep checking the update too yahh..

Post a Comment