Marmalade Pantry: the two best desserts

Despite being great on serving mains, Marmalade Pantry’s scrumptious desserts never failed to impress me. The simple menu- white sheets on a clipboard, doesn’t guarantee a boring list. Nestled in the middle of a deserted shopping mall, this contemporary restaurant has always been crammed, with executives as their main clients. The place is undeniably comfortable, I could sit there for hours, drink my cup of coffee and catching up with my girls over desserts.


I was torn between ordering something sour, like their mouth-watering lemon pie, or the banoffee pie. After all, my tongue was calling for that banana, toffee and thin layer of creams over the sweet tart base. It land in my table gorgeously. Originated from the UK, this Simple, yet lip-smacking dessert has become one of my favourite. Banana, dulce de leche and tart complement each other very well, making it irresistible.


The house specialty is the sticky date pudding. No doubt about it, I was ordering one too. Though I had encountered a couple of experiences in this pudding, it still wowed me to this moment. The gooey warm cake is smooth and moist, perfectly accompanied by a scoop of smooth vanilla beans ice cream and butterscotch sauce.


For the same amount of money I paid this time, you can get a lunch for two at a pretty decent place. A tad too expensive for desserts in my opinion, but the feeling you’ll get is incomparable. It makes a brilliant choice for a lazy Sunday afternoon or after a special dinner.

Marmalade Pantry
390 Orchard road
#B1-08 Palais Renaissance
Tel: 6734 2700

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully narrated article.. i love the dish which you explain in this blogs.thanks for sharing it.

Sheron

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Post a Comment