Best Chinese Foods in Sixth Ave

During the lazy days, sometimes I just don’t know where to eat. These are the time where I’ll go to this place for dinner. Located in the Sixth Avenue hawker centre, the place is not fancy at all but they do serve a good deal of Chinese foods. They open from the evening, which I’m glad of, as it’s on the open space with no air-conds.


Fish is undoubtedly my favourite. I include them on most of the mains I eat. This time I opted for some ginger fish. It has a subtle flavour of ginger and strong taste of onions in the well cooked fish.


We also share some yang chou fried rice. This was supposed to be the smallest portion but I think it could feed up to three people. The fragrant rice is neither too firm nor sticky; it’s just perfect in my opinion.


Kung Pao chicken (stir fried chicken with dried chillies), is one of the items that most of us can’t pass in the menu. The dish is delicately paired with some cashew nuts to balance the spiciness from the chillies. The chicken cubes are tender and flavourful in the gravy with the right amount of saltiness, unlike the most commercial Chinese dishes.

For around $25, I dine through the dishes above. I honestly can’t quite believe my eyes when I first saw the bill. I mean, the foods are great! No questions about it, I came back there frequently. ;)

Xuan Restaurant
Good Good Eating House @ Six Avenue
Singapore

0 comments:

Post a Comment